In this edition of Cooking With Frank, I take a recipe Tweeted by Emeril for green soup. It is tasty.
NOTE: check my notes below where I deviated a little from what I said in the video.
What You Will Need:
* 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
* 1.5 cup finely chopped yellow onion
* 2 pounds of potatoes chopped in 1/2-inch cubes
* 7 cups chicken stock (I used lower sodium)
* 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper (I said half teaspoon, but I used a full teaspoon. The recipe calls for a half. I like it spicy.)
* 8 ounces of kale, stems and ribs removed (I basically used the bunch showed in the video, using the best of the leaf)
* 8 ounces chourico sausage (I crumbled the sausage before adding)
* 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro
* 1/4 cup of fresh parsley
* 2 tablespoons of fresh mint
MORE NOTES: I didn’t add any salt and pepper. This is a spicy soup. Choose Linguica for a milder sausage.
Also, my cooking times were longer than what the recipe called for to get the potatoes cooked down to my liking. I probably simmered the potatoes for about 45 minutes (because I simmered too low). Then added the sausage for about 20 minutes, then the kale for another 15 minutes, and then the cilantro, parsley, and mint for another 10 minutes.
Play the cooking timing by your eye and taste.
Frank’s Rank: 4 Stars